- d3.js is a new framework specifically created to allow data-driven DOM manipulation – this is an excellent tool for data visualization
- Firefox 4 is out – get it now and enjoy WebGL and the Audio API with these cool demos!
Sorry for the silence – I’ve been busy beyond the usual level due to a new job. Things should now get back to normal…
- jQuery Waypoints – easy plugin for scroll destination effects
- IE9 has been launched! Unfortunately it still misses several key CSS3 features…
- The State of HTML5 Audio is a good overview of the current situation around audio support in modern browsers – needless to say, there’s still a lot to do!
- Amazingly fast raycaster demo by Paul King
- Microsoft urges everybody to stop using IE6 – the IE6 Countdown has begun
- Smashing Mag has a great tutorial on using @font-face and the current state of web fonts
- Interesting tutorial for the text-overflow CSS3 property – can’t wait for Mozilla to implement that one!
- Fractal Lab – the most amazing WebGL example you’ll see in a while…
- The only video converter you’ll need for HTML5 video: The open-source Miro Video Converter
- Mozilla’s “Awesome HTML5 Dashboard” is awesome
- The Opera team has implemented the CSS3 multi-column spec - can’t wait for the next release of the browser!
- Very nice introduction to CSS Typography for beginners – actually moves along quite fast to advanced methods
- audiolib.js offers a AudioDevice class with consistent API between the Firefox Audio Data API and the Chrome/Safari Web Audio API
- Is IE9 a modern browser? – Kinda not yet… we all appreciate Microsoft’s effort and I certainly hope they will continue improving IE9, but the current IE9 RC doesn’t render half of the HTML5 Cheatsheet on this site…
Well, the format is certainly working for me, so I will continue with this little experiment – as stated before, the links here are the web development highlights that randomly pop up every day, filtered by my personal interests and preferences.
This is not necessarily an attempt to be an authoritative new source, but please let me know in the comments if this is interesting to you or if there are obvious mistakes or issues. Thanks!
- IE9 Release Candidate is available now, adds Geolocation API, Do Not Track lists, is feature complete
- Updated version of VideoSub – HTML5 video subtitle library now works with MooTools 1.3 Core
- Reston – very elegant REST client library
- Wave – a beautiful HTML5 Twitter visualization by Hakim el Hattab